Sunday, January 13, 2008

Faux Chocolate Valentine Log: Elegant, Masculine & Romantic DIY Gift For the Man You Love - So Very Quick to Make With Fluted Cardboard & 2 Jar Lids


Click photo to enlarge.

Is it already time to get started on Valentine gifting? If you are like me, there is barely enough time! I have some fluted cardboard, brown shoe polish, masking tape, left-over Christmas trims and two jar lids- what am I going to do with it? To be honest, I'm not quite sure but I have some ideas. Hubby is out of the house, so now is the perfect time. Check back to see how it turns out for me.



And here it is! A flaming Valentine Log that is both masculine and romantic...


My son saw it and said, " Wow! A log! For Dad? What are you going to put in it?". I explained it was for Valentine's Day and I wanted it to look masculine and hopefully like a burning chocolate log. He started making suggestions to fill it - Chocolate covered almonds, chocolate covered pretzels, lots of good beef jerky (the expensive kind, mom), all kinds of good cheese, and a bottle of wine plus long stemmed crystal wine glasses. He then added, "Make me one too!". (grape juice, the 25 yr old boy of mine will get grape juice). YEA, it's a hit! This is almost as thrilling as receiving roses.


This was quick-as-a-wink to do. NO COOKING - Faux Chocolate Container. Complete and Easy Instructions have been added to the Many Shades of Shabby DIY Project Page.

No comments: